Monday 26 November 2012

Bare Minerals Ready Eyeshadow - The Rare Find

So this was a one off buy for me, I haven't really tried many products from bareminerals in the past and I have heard good things about their eye shadows  When I went up to the make-up counter I was drawn to their supernatural collection for two reasons:
  • Supernatural TV programme, as well as the fact that I love that sort of theme in anything really
  • the colours were stunning and I had to swatch them
So the palette that I ended up buying is called 'The Rare Find' which includes four different colours. The cream one is the only colour that I was let down by, it is called 'Lost For Words'. Now this would actually be a nice colour if my skin wasn't the exact same colour, therefore it does not show up or look at different, I would think that people with darker skin than me (the majority of the population) would work with it just fine. The golden colour is called 'Surreal' now this is really pigmented and such a wonderful colour, it works well as a highlight or an overall eye colour, it doesn't seem to have fall out either which I was very pleased with. The olive colour is the same formulation as the gold which means I am impressed with this one as well, also as I have said before I love to use green on my eyes. (It's called 'Eureka') Then last but not least we have 'Frisson' which is a burgundy colour, that is matte, I find this a nice change to have to work through the crease, and it's not too overpowering and is nice.







Overall I am very pleased with this palette, the packaging get's really dirty as you can see, but with a good wipe it will be fine. It also has a lovely mirror on the inside which I find to be very useful. The packaging itself is small and easy to carry around in a make up bag or a hand bag. The only thing I would change would be to have a different colour rather than the cream, maybe a light white so that I would show up on my skin. Enjoy the post, thank you for reading! Maybe treat yourself to something from bareminerals, (I love their lip glosses from the Buxom range)

No comments:

Post a Comment